This past few months, I’ve been going through some content that I have in store to post about over the coming weeks. I have tons of stuff to share from my travels but I also need to bulk the other areas of the blog, including the lifestyle section. Then, I got an idea to start a new weekly post about the top five things that brought me joy or piqued my interest on the inter-webs each week. It can be anything from a new album, a gif, a new product that I’m interested, or another blog post or a news clip, hyperlinks and all.
So, without further ado, Imma hit you with my top 5 of Week 20 (2017):
- Francis and the Lights dropped some new music videos from there 2016 album “Farewell, Starlite” and Farewell this week and I was extremely excited. I brought the album back and played it on repeat. This was one of my favourite albums last year. For some reason this album just puts me in the best mood. Its a great album to listen to when getting ready in the morning or during the commute to work. Its mellow enough not to be a shock to the system but upbeat enough to give you some pep to start the day, not to mention he has some great features on the album including Bon Iver, Chance the Rapper (who’s Coloring Book album also gave me life in 2016) and Kanye West (fan status unclear).
2. I would also like to start shouting out some of the many podcasts I listen to on a weekly basis. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love a good podcast. Today it will be The Read. The hosts, Kid Fury and Crissle release a new episode every Thursday. The Read is a podcast “covering hip-hop and pop culture’s most trying stars. Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude” I believe that the podcast has been in existence for the past 4 years (?) and is one of my favourites and you can find it wherever you get your podcasts (iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Podcast Addict).
3. These tasty bites came in clutch while I was studying for exams.
4. If you haven’t heard of this Netflix show: Leave, leave now…… wait! don’t go! Unless you’re headed home to watch Aziz Ansari’s smash hit Master of None comedy based loosely on his real life. Favourite episode: Thanksgiving.
5. Finally, a picture of a (double rainbow) to help stave off some of the stress of the approaching week. Remember everything is going to be all right.